If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up. ~J.M. Power

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

1,310 Days

My how time flies when you're avoiding the truth.  So clearly I don't keep every promise I make to myself.  I do however not forget the promises and my body is talking to me loud and clear that it's time to make some changes.  Inspired by my friends and my incredible life that I have no wish to lose anytime soon I am once again back.  I am not making empty promises and I am not making excuses.

Within the span of a week six months ago I was laid off from my job due to "reduction in work force" and then a week later my Dad passed away from a heart attack.  Perspective is necessary now.  I keep checking back in here because I remember where I was four years ago and I know where I am now and I know where I want to go.  If I don't make it I will have only myself to blame.  So as of now I am using an app that helps me track my calories and I have joined a 60 day challenge.  The challenge as of now is to stick to 2,000 calories a day for 60 days and then after that I will revisit my next challenge.  I do want to let my body know that I am listening and I know it's telling me if I don't get it together it's not going to be able to help me get to where I need to go, literally and figuratively.

Here's to never giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment