If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up. ~J.M. Power

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

1,001 Days Later

Hello out there,

Wow.  It's been 1,001 days since I was so resolute that it was time to make a change.  It's been 785 days since I last posted to my goal 120 blog.  It's been every day that I thought about it and then pushed it back into the recesses, the cavernous spaces that I have allowed to defeat me every single time.  Work, primary caretaker, running a business, my friends, obligation, routine, distraction, fucking pizza, excuses by the pound literally.  There are a few things I know for sure.  It is never too late.  As long as you are breathing there is a second chance.  I have a lot of satisfaction in my life.  I have accomplished things I am very proud of but for some reason I cannot seem to conquer me.  There is always this nagging feeling that I am letting myself down, that life can be better, that I am not the best me I can be and there's my health.  Since my last post I have had a cyst the size of a grapefruit removed from my lady parts.   I was in constant pain for over two years until anyone figured out what was going on.  Cholesterol is high, blood tests indicate a likelihood I could have a major heart event at any time IF I don't make a change.

A friend of mine who I relayed my concerns to has gifted me 90 days with a personal trainer and nutrition coach.  I started a program on Friday which includes meal plans, workout suggestions, and accountability.  I'm going to conquer this in a way that works for me.  I don't give up easily.  I'm excited, I'm terrified I will let myself down again.  I'm going to take one day at a time and do the best I can.  It's funny the things we prioritize.  If I make up my mind to do something typically it's as good as done but this is the mountain I can't get to the other side of but I'm going to begin the climb again... One day at a time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment